Growing Wheat Grass
- Wheat berries are sold at Health food stores or on line. The seeds and grass are both edible.
- Soak wheat berries over night.
- Fill leak proof container of your choice with soil. If planning on eating the wheat grass choose organic soil.
- Generously sprinkle soaked wheat berries over soil and cover lightly with another layer of soil. Water in.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in a bright sunny spot.
- Check over the next few days to make sure moisture is consistent. When you start to see sprouts take plastic wrap off. Keep soil moist by misting or watering lightly.
- At this point, the grass will grow rapidly and fill in. Be sure to keep moist. Cut grass if it begins to get too long for your desired project.
- Have Fun!