To maintain a record of the history of the Club, and to handle Club publicity, as requested.
- Maintain a scrapbook about Club activities to include newspaper clippings, pictures, awards, etc. from which a history of the Club can be written.
- Retain Club scrapbooks and histories, as recorded by past members.
- Submit Wheaton Garden Club news for publication in the GCI publication, ‘Garden Glories’.
- Secure copy for advertisements of Club activities and submit to publications, as requested by the Executive Board.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Keep the history of the Club.
- As events occur, ensure that a record of these events is maintained.
- Submit items to ‘Garden Glories’, in accordance with their published schedule.
- Ensure that any advertising desired by the Club is submitted within the necessary timeframe for publication at the desired time.