To maintain the Wheaton Garden Club website.
- Periodically check to make sure the website is up and running.
- Update software as necessary.
- Update the website with Club changes, including the following:
- Additions of new members to the Member list.
- Changes in Member Status and contact information.
- Updates to Program and Hostess information.
- Updates to the Officers list.
- Updates to the Past President list.
- Create user accounts for new members.
- Monitor club email and forward to other members as necessary.
- Assist members with posting to blog.
- Post notices about club events and activities.
- Add Flower Show pictures to the Website.
- Set up and take down Plant Sale.
- Submit bills for Godaddy to treasurer when due.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Monitor website to be sure it is up and running.
- Respond to or forward emails.
- Update software.
- Assist members with posting to blog
- Post notices about Club events and activities
- Set up Plant Sale
- Take down Plant Sale
- Renew security 3/31 of every even year.
- Renew hosting and domain name registration every July.