To plan and facilitate execution of the Club’s Christmas Project.
- Plan the Club’s Christmas Project and obtain Board approvals if plans vary from assumptions at time of budgeting.
- Contact proposed recipients of Christmas Project donations and confirm desire to receive these donations.
- Purchase necessary supplies and layout process for project execution.
- Explain process to Club members and lead execution at designated Christmas Project meeting.
- Distribute favors assembled to designated organizations.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
By time of Budget Committee meeting in August:
- Determine desired project scope and resultant budget needed.
- Communicate these to the President for consideration by the Budget Committee.
By the time of the Christmas Project meeting (usually, November meeting):
- Assemble supplies and define process.
At Christmas Project meeting:
- Lead the group in execution of the project.
- Ensure distribution of Christmas Project favors to recipients.