To stimulate interest in civic beautification and carry through with civic projects approved by the Club.
- Identify additional opportunities for Club participation in Civic Projects and conservation activities and present these to the Board for consideration.
- Organize member participation in approved Civic Projects, such as Library Flowers, and Metropolitan Family Services seasonal container plantings.
- Make members aware of opportunities for individual participation in Civic Project initiatives, especially those promoted by National Garden Clubs (NGC) and Garden Clubs of Illinois (GCI), such as the Monarch Project.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Send email reminders to those members who are scheduled to take floral arrangements to the library.
- Send email reminder to those members who are scheduled to plant the containers at Metropolitan Family Services.
- Promote Monarch Project at March-May Meetings and provide information on native plant sales.
- Email members as necessary to complete schedules for library flowers and Metropolitan Family Services container plantings.
- Communicate guidelines and budget constraints for participation in individual Civic Projects to members.
- Review Garden Glories and the GCI website for Civic Project and conservation activity opportunities.
- Approach Board with suggested additions to Club Civic Projects.
- Pass a sign-up sheet at the January Club meeting for volunteers to do seasonal container plantings for Metropolitan Family Services in March, June, September and December. Send a reminder for the assigned month. Planting months are estimates based on weather conditions.
- Pass a sign-up sheet at the January, May and September Club meetings for volunteers for library flowers.
- Jan – Sign-up sheet for Feb, March, April, May
- May – Sign-up Sheet for June, July, August, Sept.
- Sept.-Sign-up Sheet for Oct., Nov. Dec. Jan.