To select, arrange and coordinate programs for Club meetings.
- Attend the GCI District II Programs meeting.
- Select programs to include a mix of subject matter, and a mix of program types to include, presentations, demonstrations, hands on activities and field trips.
- Ensure that the sum cost of all programs for the year stay within the approved budget for programs.
- Submit the proposed programs to the Executive Board for approval.
- Sign contracts with presenters, copying the President.
- Confirm program details with presenters, including equipment needed.
- Communicate any special information needed for specific programs to members. This includes arranging car pools and directions for field trips, and informing members of clothing to wear for hands-on activities.
- Greet presenters and introduce them to the membership at meetings of the club.
- Arrange/coordinate presenter’s requirements, including projector, screens and computer.
- Thank presenters and ensure their timely payment.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Survey membership regarding top three programs in past year.
- Attend the GCI District II Programs meeting, bringing 60 copies of a document describing our club’s top three programs.
Between January and April:
- Work with Co-chair to select programs for the following Club year.
- Sign contracts for programs.
- Communicate programs and dates with the Social Chairman, so that she can arrange for hostesses and co-hostesses.
- Submit proposed program schedule to the Executive Board for approval.
- Communicate the needs of the speaker to the hostess in advance of the meeting.
- Communicate program specific information to members.
- Confirm program details with presenters within a week of two of scheduled program.
- Arrive at the program venue before the presenter arrives.
- Greet, introduce and thank presenters.
- Coordinate with Treasurer to ensure timely payment of presenters.