To conduct and report on the correspondence of the Club.
- Send out all notices of meetings, invitations and information as may be required to all Active and Associate members of the Club.
- Maintain all correspondence received by the Club in accordance with Record Retention Rules.
- Read correspondence received by the Club to the membership at meetings of the Club.
- If the Recording Secretary is unable to attend a meeting, assume her recording responsibilities as requested, if you are able.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
A week before each scheduled meeting of the Club:
- Forward a notice of the upcoming meeting to all Active and Associate members, attaching a copy of the minutes from the previous month’s meeting.
Upon request of the President:
- Forward a notice of upcoming Executive Board meetings to Officers and Chairmen of Standing Committees.
- Forward other information to members as requested.
Upon member request:
- Forward Club related information to members.
- Get the approval of the President to forward non-Club related information to members.