To keep members informed as to current horticultural practices.
- Give a report at monthly meetings.
- Reports may include what to do in the garden that month; new techniques for gardeners; new products; new scientific studies about plants.
- Give the monthly report to the Website Administrator for posting on the Wheaton Garden Club website.
- Pass along information from GCI about horticultural classes.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Prepare a report for the monthly meeting and ensure it’s posting on the website.