To record and keep the minutes of the meetings of both the Executive Board and the Club.
- Read the roll call and record attendance at each meeting.
- Record topics discussed and decisions made in the minutes of the meetings.
- Obtain the President’s approval of the minutes.
- Forward the approved minutes to the Corresponding Secretary for distribution.
- At the next meeting of the Executive Board and the Club, move to approve the minutes of the prior meeting.
- Retain copies of the minutes consistent with the record retention requirements stated in the Standing Rules of the Club.
- If you are unable to attend a meeting, secure a replacement to perform your duties. The preferred replacement is the Corresponding Secretary.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future.
- Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members.
- Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year.
- Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President.
- Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
Within 2 weeks of each meeting:
- Complete a draft of the minutes and submit the draft to the President for review.
A week before the next meeting:
- Make any changes to the minutes requested by the President.
- Forward the minutes to the Corresponding Secretary for distribution to the appropriate parties.