To send Get Well Cards and Sympathy Cards to members as needed, and to coordinate any floral arrangements for funerals when needed.
- Send appropriate cards to members as needed.
- Report to members at meetings as to the status of members that have been sick or had surgery.
- Coordinate floral arrangements for funerals with the President.
- Purchase a gift for the outgoing President.
- Arrange with Wheaton Public Library to donate a library book in memory of deceased members.
Universal Tasks Expected of All Executive Board Members:
- Meet with the member who previously held your role to better understand the responsibilities of the job, tasks required to fulfil those responsibilities, and a timeline for those tasks. The member previously holding the role should also share insights she has gained from her experience and any suggestions that she has for improving the job done in the future. Obtain records and materials related to your position from your predecessor. Review these and store them for future use.
- Make sure that any information which needs to be included in the annual Yearbook is finalized and given to the Yearbook Chairman in accordance with her schedule.
- Critically review current practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, clarify communications, and reduce costs.
- If you would like to make changes to current practices, contact the Club President to determine if Board approval is necessary.
- Keep receipts for your expenses and stay within the approved budget for your function.
- Ask the Corresponding Secretary to include any special information needed for the next meeting in her meeting reminder to all members. Prepare a report documenting your tasks and accomplishments for the year. These reports are due in April of each year. Attend Board Meetings arranged by the President. Respond in a timely fashion on all votes required.
- Send out cards to members.
- Coordinate funeral floral arrangements with the President.
- Report on Sunshine activities and recipient’s condition.
Before the April Annual Meeting and Installation (in even years):
- Purchase a gift for the outgoing President